To be able to guarantee an elite performance level of commitment and mindset, the North West MILERS Initiative has drawn up standards/guidelines.
- The athlete must be able or have the goal to qualify for a National Team and thus run internationally.
- The sky is the limit. Start to look at the 1150-1200 points range of the Points IAAF MV as a good goal to pursue in your track life and go from there.
- U20 (Junior) /high school athletes should have their development at their local club or regional centre and should come back later. U23 are considered depending on circumstances.
- There are options for cooperation/temporary memberships for short stay athletes AND/OR coaches passing through during part of base/preparation/racing season. Please ask.
- Coaches looking for a role on the team are encouraged to seek contact and put forward their ideas.
Pricing and finance proposals will be personalised based on performance level and current/projected income from sports and direct sports related activities and can consist of (1) a flat fee, (2) % of performance and sports related income or a combination of the two. Lead Coach Peter Wolters holds an IAAF Athlete Representative license.
For funding: try to get some kind of sponsorship, loan, family funding or flexible part time job that will pay for coaching, training camps and travel. Work to live.